Tropical Storm Erika slows a little…
As of 11pm, the center of Tropical Storm Erika is…
* Located: 16.7 N 60.2 W (+/- 180 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 45mph
* Moving: W at 16mph
* Forecasted track: near/at St. Maarten overnight/early tomorrow, if it continues on its present track
Tropical Storm Warning issued for: St. Maarten/St. Martin, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Barths, Anguilla, Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, Puerto Rico, Vieques, Culebra, U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands.
A Tropical Storm Warning means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 24 to 36 hours.
Tropical Storm Watch issued for: Guadeloupe, north coast of the Dominican Republic (from Cabo Engano to Cabo Frances Viejo), southeastern Bahamas, Turks & Caicos Islands.
A Tropical Storm Watch means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 48 hours.
Tropical Storm Erika is forecast to change little in strength, yet still bring some rain,gusty winds, and high seas to the North-eastern Caribbean — overnight into tomorrow.
According to a Press Statement from the Prime Minister of St. Maarten:
“ALL SCHOOLS and BUSINESSES (including restaurants, casinos, and non-emergency government services) are to stay CLOSED on THURSDAY (27-Aug) — as of midnight tonight (Wed-26-Aug).
All businesses are to stay closed, until the all clear has been given by the Prime Minister — after he makes his address at 12:00pm Thursday.”
Stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for continual Hurricane Information.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | Montserrat = 16.8°N, 62.2°W | St. Kitts = 17.2°N, 62.6°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’
s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).