Exemption opening hours on New Year’s Day
The Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport and Telecommunication, hereby informs the general public, that an exemption is granted to allow all businesses on Sint Maarten to remain open on New Year’s Day (January 1, 2018).
All businesses who choose to open on this day as part of this exemption, must adhere to all labor regulations!
- All stores must be closed by 6.30 pm on January 1, 2018.
- Casinos must be closed by 12 midnight on January 1, 2018.
- The following businesses, as mentioned in article 3 of the Law on Shop Closure, may remain open at their discretion and in accordance with the closing times stipulated on their licenses:
- Pharmacies, as far as it concerns the sale of medicine and medical products;
- Bars and restaurants;
- Hotel and Guesthouses;
- Stores located in hotels and on airport and harbor premises;
- Funeral parlors;
- Gas stations and
- Bakeries selling pastries, milk and milk products
Minister of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport & Telecommunication