Tropical Storm Danny forms…
The vigorous tropical wave in the Atlantic developed into tropical depression #4 at11am and by 5pm it further developed into Tropical Storm Danny.
As of 5pm:
* It’s center is located +/- 1800 miles ESE of St. Maarten
* Max. winds: 40mph, may possibly strengthen further
* Moving: W at 12mph
* Forecasted track: near/at local region by next Tuesday/Wednesday, if it continues on its present track.
Regardless of development, this system is forecast to bring some much needed rain to the Eastern Caribbean. We will continue to monitor its progress.
Prepare your families, homes, and properties in advance of any tropical systems during the season — Don’t get caught off-guard.
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Remaining names for this year’
s Atlantic Hurricane Season are:
Danny, Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).