Application period for Carnival vending now open

Minister of Justice Rafael Boasman


PHILIPSBURG – The Department of Economic Licenses announced that persons interested in vending food, beverages, helium balloons and other typical items associated with Carnival can now apply for these licenses at the aforementioned department located at Zoutsteeg 3, Philipsburg.

The deadline for these applications to be submitted is Friday, April 14. Furthermore, due to safety concerns, the no-vending zones of past years will be strictly applied for Carnival 2017. As a result of this, lots will be given out to applicants on a first come, first serve basis.

The department stressed that persons interested in street vending in the Philipsburg area submit their applications (and choose their vending location) early as space is limited. As it pertains to vending in the Festival Village, the SCDF has supplied the Department of Economic Licenses with a list of all Festival Village booth holders. Therefore, only persons mentioned on the list can apply for a vending license to operate a booth in the Festival Village.

All persons interested in street vending and vending within the Festival Village (booth holders), must come to the department with the following documentation before Friday, April 14.

1. Application form
2. A copy of your passport or ID
3. From the Receiver’s Office: A receipt for NAf. 85
4. Copy of your crib declaration (must walk with this when paying at the Receiver’s Office)
5. From the Census Office: Registration Form
6. One passport picture of applicant.
7. Food handler’s certificate (if not already in possession)

The information listed under 2, 5, 6 and 7 is also applicable to the helper. The cost of the license for the entire Carnival season is NAf. 85.