Tropical Storm Fred strengthens…
As of 11am, the center of Tropical Storm Fred is…
* Located: 13.4 N 19.9 W (+/- 2,505 miles E of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 50mph
* Moving: NW at 12mph
(Click images to zoom in)
Tropical Storm Fred is expected to strengthen further within the next 2 days and could possibly become a hurricane. However, TS Fred is over a week away from the local region — if it survives across the Atlantic Ocean.
Hurricane Warning issued for: Cape Verde Islands.
A Hurricane Warning means hurricane conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 24 to 36 hours.
We will continue to closely monitor its progress.
Here are some useful links:
* Before a Hurricane
* During a Hurricane
* After a Hurricane
* Emergency Supplies Kit
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | Montserrat = 16.8°N, 62.2°W | St. Kitts = 17.2°N, 62.6°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).