ANGUILLA — Commissioner of The Royal Anguilla Police Force announces that Romaldo Richardson of The Cove West End who was shot by Police on Sunday 20th January 2019 has died in the early hours today Friday 25th January 2019.
His family has been informed and is presently being supported by a Family Liaison Officer. The circumstances leading up to his death are under an external and independent investigation, under the direction of Commissioner Matthews of The Royal Virgin Island Police Force.
The investigative findings, when reached, will be given to HE the Governor Tim Foy OBE.
Cancellation of RAPF Police Week 2019 activities
The Commissioner of Police Mr. Paul Morrison announces that following the death of Romaldo Richardson today Friday 25th January 2019, it is as a mark of respect to the family that a number of events schedule for the RAPF Police Week celebrations have now been postponed.
The Commissioner recognizes the commitment and effort of all the sponsors and those involved in the Week of activities and apologizes for the inconvenience.
- The following activities are now either postponed or cancelled:
- Saturday 26th “Flash Back” at Red Dragon Disco – Postponed to a date to be announced.
- Tuesday – 29th Police Drill Competition – Postponed to a date to be announced.
- Wednesday 30th – Police Karaoke – Cancelled
- Thursday 31st Police Pool Competition – Postponed to a date to be announced.