GREAT BAY, Sint Maarten (DCOMM) – The Inspectorate of TEATT (Ministry of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport & Telecommunications) and the Department of Economic Licenses would jointly like to advise the general public that those persons wishing to request a permit for activities to be carried out for a maximum of 21 days, such as vending permits for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Carnival, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc., should submit a completed application to the Department of Economic Licenses at the new government administration building located on Soualiga Boulevard.
The requirements to qualify for a vending permit for a maximum of 21 days are:
- A completed application form (can be collected at the Information Desk of Economic Licenses – Counter B at new government building;
- A valid colored copy of your passport or a valid colored copy of your identification card (of the applicant & helper).
- From the Civil Registry: A copy of your Census Registration Form.
- Two (2) passport pictures (of the applicant & helper). (Only colored passport pictures will be accepted)
- A valid copy of food handler’s certificate, if selling food and beverages. (Of the applicant & helper).
Lastly, in order for the application to be processed, payment of the processing fee of Nafls. 5 (per day of vending) is required.
The department strongly urge all those interested in any form of Public Street activities to get approval from the Minster of TEATT via a permit before commencing in public street trading activity in order to prevent enforcement action being taken against you.