Partly Cloudy, HOT, and Generally Dry; then a brief overnight shower/two.
Tropical Storm Grace a little stronger…
As of 5pm, the center of Tropical Storm Grace is…
* Located: 13.2 N 31.2 W (+/- 1,860 miles E of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 50mph
* Moving: W at 15mph
Regardless of future strengthening/weakening, if Tropical Storm Grace continues on this present track, it should be at/just south of our local region by Saturday.
We will continue to monitor its progress.
(Click images to zoom in)
Elsewhere in the Atlantic…
Tropical Depression Fred has finally dissipated in the Central Atlantic.
Here are some useful links:
* Before a Hurricane
* During a Hurricane
* After a Hurricane
* Emergency Supplies Kit
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | Montserrat = 16.8°N, 62.2°W | St. Kitts = 17.2°N, 62.6°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’
s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).