Mostly to Partly Cloudy & Breezy yet Warm with brief morning showers; then becoming Slightly Hazy & Generally Dry.
Tropical Storm Danny still on course…
As of 5am, Tropical Storm Danny is still on track towards the Lesser Antilles, and its center is…
* Located: 12.2 N 43.7 W (+/- 1300 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 50mph, may still possibly strengthen further
* Moving: W at 10mph
* Forecasted track: near/at local region by next Monday/Tuesday, if it continues on its present slowed track.
Regardless of development, TS Danny is forecast to bring some much needed rain to the Eastern Caribbean. We will continue to monitor its progress.
Elsewhere in the Atlantic…
The weak tropical wave ahead of T.S. Danny is currently passing south of the local region — bringing a couple brief showers with it (since last night).
Prepare your families, homes, and properties in advance of any tropical systems during the season — Don’t get caught off-guard.
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Remaining names for this year’s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Danny, Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).