As of 11pm, the center of Tropical Storm Erika is…
* Located: 16.0 N 54.4 W (+/- 510 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 40mph
* Moving: W at 18mph
* Forecasted track: near/at St. Maarten by late tomorrow/early Thursday, if it continues on its present track
Tropical Storm Warning issued for: St. Maarten, Saba, St. Eustatius, Anguilla
A Tropical Storm Warning means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 24 hours.
Tropical Storm Watch issued for: St. Martin, St. Barths, Guadeloupe, Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands
A Tropical Storm Watch means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 48 hours.
Although Tropical Storm Erika has been showing signs of disorganizing in recent hours, it is still forecast to bring some rain & gusty winds to the North-eastern Caribbean.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | Montserrat = 16.8°N, 62.2°W | St. Kitts = 17.2°N, 62.6°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’
s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).