Public Announcement about Air Show
In connection with the upcoming Air-Show, Family Fun Day-Boardwalk Jazz Fest, which is scheduled for Sunday, November 13, the Police Department announced the following: The events will commence at approximately 11:00am until 10:00pm at Walter Plantz Pier on Front Street.
Due to the large public attendance that is expected the general public is asked to give the necessary cooperation and to take the necessary precautions to make sure that all of the events go on without incident.
Between 3:00pm and 4:30pm, an aerobatic show will take place over Great Bay harbor. The air show will be visible from numerous locations facing Great Bay. However, due to the great number of motor vehicle traffic that is expected in Philipsburg, the Police Department is asking all motorists using Link One and Little Bay Road not to stop or park on these roads during the show. Front Street will be closed up and until the Court House for the duration of the event.
Motorists should exercise caution and continue driving to keep the traffic in and out of Great Bay flowing to avoid unnecessary traffic congestions. Due to limited parking availability in the Philipsburg area, drivers are asked to make use of the Ring Road for public parking. Any vehicle, which is illegally parked or disrupts the normal flow of traffic including pedestrian traffic will be towed at the cost of the owner/driver.
The free flow of traffic is definitely essential for emergency services to access Philipsburg when called for any assistance.
The Police Department is also asking the entire community to take the necessary safety precautions when attending these events to avoid becoming a victim of crime. Here are some safety tips:
Remember the three A’s of Crime Prevention
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times;
- Be alert to suspicious people and vehicles;
- Avoid dangerous situations.
If you are out for the evening:
– Turn on lights, radio or television so that it looks like someone is at home;
– Lock all doors and windows well, even if you are just leaving for a few minutes;
– Don’t display items where they can be seen from the outside;
– Park your car in a well-lit area and make sure all windows and doors are locked;
– Ask your neighbor to keep a watchful eye out for you;
– Avoid carrying a large amount of cash;
– If you have to use the ATM-machine, pay close attention to suspicious persons hanging around the machine. In that case pass up that machine and find another;
– Carry wallets in front pockets and carry purses close to your body;
– Keep your children close to you while attending any activity and don’t let them get separated from you;
– When returning to your vehicle or home, have your keys in hand ready to open the door;
– Before entering your vehicle check the front and rear seats for anyone that may be hiding there. Lock doors immediately after entering;
– Drinking and driving is a danger is a danger to everyone. If you choose to drink, don’t drive.
– Make use of a designated driver or public transportation (taxi/bus).
The Police Department wished everyone a Great Family Fun day, and advised all to “Stay Safe.”