Harbour View – On November 18th, 2015, His Excellency the Governor of Sint Maarten, drs. E.B. Holiday, received the final report of formateur W. Marlin.
The formateur has accepted the commission to form a new government supported by a majority in Parliament comprised of the NA-fraction, the DP-fraction, the USP-fraction, independent Member of Parliament S. Matser and independent Member of Parliament M. Lake. The new government consists of Ministers who are committed to the promotion of the wellbeing of Sint Maarten, who will amongst others give priority to the amendment of the 2015 budget as well as to the preparation of the 2016 budget in line with the recently adopted Kingdom decree, who will prepare the planned elections, who will take steps to introduce electoral reforms, and who are dedicated to jointly executing their governing responsibilities.
The formateur has nominated the following persons for appointment as Ministers and Minister Plenipotentiary:
- William V. Marlin, Prime Minister, Minister of General Affairs and acting Minister of Public Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and Infrastructure;
- Richard F. Gibson, Minister of Finance and acting Minister of Justice;
- Silveria E. Jacobs, Minister of Education, Culture, Youth and Sports;
- Emil Lee, Minister of Public Health, Social Development and Labour;
- Irania I. Arrindell, Minister of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport and Telecommunication;
- Henrietta Doran-York, Minister Plenipotentiary.
The vetting of the candidate ministers and the candidate Minister Plenipotentiary, based on the pertinent regulations regulating the appointment of Ministers has not produced any data that could impede their appointment.
The Governor has scheduled the appointment and swearing in of the Ministers and Minister Plenipotentiary on Thursday, November 19th, 15.00 hours, at the Governor’s Office. After the ceremony, the Governor and the newly appointed Ministers will have the constituting meeting in the A.C. Wathey legislative hall.