Partly Cloudy & Breezy yet HOT with a brief shower/two possible. Sea-caution is still advised today.
St. Maarten now under Tropical Storm Watch…
As of 8am, the center of Tropical Storm Erika is…
* Located: 14.8 N 50.2 W (+/- 765 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 45mph
* Moving: W at 20mph
* Forecasted track: near/at St. Maarten by late Wednesday/early Thursday, if it continues on its present track
Tropical Storm Watch issued for: St. Maarten, Saba, St. Eustatius, Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, and Anguilla
A Tropical Storm Watch means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 48 hours.
Erika is forecast to bring some much needed rain & gusty winds to the North-eastern Caribbean.
(Click images to zoom in)
All Schools & Businesses OPEN today…
According to a Press Statement from the Prime Minister of St. Maarten:
“ALL SCHOOLS and BUSINESSES (including all government services) are to OPEN today TUESDAY (25-Aug).”
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’
s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).