Partly Cloudy & Breezy yet HOT with a brief overnight shower/two.
- Winds: are generally from the east at 8 to 18 miles per hour.
- Seas: Moderate to Fairly Choppy with wave heights up to 5 feet.
* Another plume of Saharan Dust is creeping into the local region. Thus, allergy sufferers are advised to take the necessary precautions during the latter half of the week.
* As of 5am: Tropical Storm Danny was located at 11.3 N 40.2W (about 1500 miles ESE of St. Maarten) and had max. sustained winds @ 50 mph, while moving West @ 14 mph. Danny is forecast to continue strengthening as it moves closer to the Lesser Antilles. TS Danny should reach at/near the local region by Tuesday.
We will continue to monitor its progress as it approaches the Caribbean
Thursday’s Weather Preview
Partly Cloudy, Slightly Hazy, and Breezy with a brief shower/two possible.
Tropical Storm Danny strengthens…
Tropical Storm Danny increased in strength as of 11pm last night and continues to move closer to the Lesser Antilles.
As of 5am…
* Located: 11.3 N 40.2 W (+/- 1500 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 50mph, may possibly strengthen further
* Moving: W at 14mph
* Forecasted track: near/at local region by next Tuesday, if it continues on its present track.
Regardless of development, TS Danny is forecast to bring some much needed rain to the Eastern Caribbean. We will continue to monitor its progress.
Elsewhere in the Atlantic…
The weak tropical wave ahead of T.S. Danny has weakened further and is expected to south of the local region later tonight — possibly bringing a couple brief showers with it.
Prepare your families, homes, and properties in advance of any tropical systems during the season — Don’t get caught off-guard.
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Remaining names for this year’
s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Danny, Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).