JOHN’S, Antigua, April 30, 2015 – LIAT, The Caribbean Airline, has enhanced its schedule for the peak period with new services and timings, as well as new non-stop routes, offering customers more connections and frequencies between key markets this Summer.
Chief Executive Officer David Evans said: “From Antigua, customers will now be able to connect with a new daily service from Tortola to San Juan each evening. This is in addition to the existing morning service from Antigua to San Juan, via Dominica which operates daily.”
Flight number LI 581 from Antigua to Dominica and on to Barbados has been upgraded to a daily service, and has been retimed to leave Antigua in the early morning.
“Summer is the busiest travel period within the Caribbean and we are always looking at the network and the schedule to see how we can improve the service for our customers,” Mr. Evans said.
“The introduction of more non-stop services means quicker flight times to some of the key markets.”
The new non-stop services to be launched this Summer are:
- Barbados to St Kitts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday which leave at midday and return in the early afternoon
- Barbados to St Maarten and back every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. This flight departs at midday and returns to Barbados in the early afternoon.
- Passengers are now able to fly non-stop between Barbados and Trinidad, every Monday,Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Flights operate from Barbados to Trinidad via Guyana in the morning, and in the evening, the flights operate nonstop from Barbados to Trinidad and on to Guyana before returning to Barbados.
Meanwhile, having taken delivery of its ninth ATR aircraft, Mr. Evans said the Summer schedule will be operated almost entirely by this new type of aircraft.
The new services and non-stop routes to be added to the Summer schedule will come into effect onJuly 15 and 16, but are already available for sale.
The tables below summarise the new schedules:
- Antigua – Dominica – Barbados daily
Flight number 581 has been upgraded to a daily service and has been rescheduled
- Barbados – St. Kitts – Barbados every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
|Barbados||12.40pm||St Kitts||2.20 pm||LI 328|
|St Kitts||2.45 pm||Barbados||4.25 pm||LI 329|
- Barbados – St. Maarten – Barbados every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday
|Barbados||12.40 pm||St Maarten||2.30 pm||LI 326|
|St Maarten||2.55pm||Barbados||4.45 pm||LI 327|
- Barbados – Guyana – Trinidad – Barbados and Barbados – Trinidad – Guyana – Barbados every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
|Barbados||6 am||Ogle||8 am||LI 391|
|Ogle||8.30 am||Port of Spain||10 am||LI 392|
|Port of Spain||10.50 am||Barbados||11.50 am||LI 392|
|Barbados||5.50 pm||Port of Spain||6.50 pm||LI 393|
|Port of Spain||7.20 pm||Ogle||8.50 pm||LI 393|
|Ogle||9.20 pm||Barbados||11.20 pm||LI 394|
- Tortola – San Juan – Tortola daily
|Tortola||9.55 pm||San Juan||10.35 pm||LI 526|
|San Juan||6.25 am||Tortola||7.05 am||LI 527|