POLICE REPORT: Armed robbery – Traffic controls – Man seriously ill-treated

File Photo


Armed robbery

On Friday December 08th at approximately 03.15 p.m. a police patrol was sent to Union Caribe located on the Cannegieter Street in Philipsburg where an armed robbery, according to reports, had just taken place.

On the scene the investigating officers learnt, that a man had entered the building on business and once inside he pulled a fire-arm and threatened the workers to use it if no cooperation was given.

After robbing the establishment of an undisclosed amount of cash the suspect walked outside of the building, stepped into an awaiting car and left the scene. Shortly after a vehicle resembling the escape vehicle was located in the Philipsburg area. This vehicle was confiscated for further investigation.

The Special Unit Robbery is asking anyone who has information in connection with this investigation to get in contact with the Police Department by calling 54-22222 ext 213/214, 911or the anonymous tip-line #9300.

Traffic controls

During the weekend police held various traffic controls at different locations on the island.

A total of 80 vehicles were controlled, 29 of which tint had to be removed from the windows, 3 of these vehicles were confiscated in connection with criminal investigations, 11 fines were issued in connection with the traffic laws and 5 persons were taken into custody.

Man seriously ill-treated

Detectives are presently investigating the ill-treatment of a man with initials P.S.A. which took place on Sunday December 10th on the parking lot of Tropicana Casino. According to the victim he was ill-treated by an unknown young man who was still on the scene with a metal pipe.

The ill-treatment took place during a argument between parties about parking. The victim was struck in his face with a pipe which caused a open wound to the left side of his face.

The suspect identified with initials S.L.G. admitted to have struck the victim with the pipe and he was arrested on the scene. He was taken to the Police Head Quarters in Philipsburg where he remains in custody. The pipe used in this case was confiscated for further investigation.