Sint Maarten Police Report March 15

Chief Inspector Ricardo Henson


Subway in Philipsburg robbed.

The Special Unit Robbery is presently investigating an armed robber which took place on Tuesday March 14th at approximately 09.30 p.m.  at the Subway Restaurant located on the Walter J. A. Nisbet road in Philipsburg.

According to reports two unknown armed men stormed into the restaurant and threatened to use their weapons. The suspects then robbed the establishment of an undisclosed amount of cash. After committing this act the suspects fled the scene.

Anyone who have any information regarding this investigation should get in contact with the Police Department by calling 54-22222 ext. 213/214, the anonymous tip line #9300 or 911.


Juvenile Investigation

Detectives of the Police Juvenile Department on Tuesday March 14th arrested a 22 year old male suspect with initials J.D.C in connection with an ongoing criminal involving a minor. The arrest took place without any resistance and suspect remains in custody for questioning regarding this case.


Victim in shooting dies of injuries

The Police Public Relation Department has learnt that one of the victims in the shooting on Arch road on March 14th 2017 with initials A.R.L. T-B also known as “Nino” died of his wounds he sustained from this shooting.

The second victim remains admitted to the Sint Maarten medical center for medical treatment. The Police Department is asking anyone that have information regarding this case to get in contact with the police department by calling 54-22222 extension 213/214, the anonymous tip line # 9300 or 911.


Ten year old pedestrian struck by motor vehicle.

The Police Traffic department is presently investigating a traffic accident involving a ten year old boy that was struck by a motor vehicle on the Sucker garden road on Tuesday March 14th a at approximately 03.00 p.m.

The cause of this accident was due to the fact that the youngster crossed the street without paying attention that the motor vehicle with license plate R-586 was approaching.

As a result of the accident the victim suffered bruises to his body and complained of pain to his left side and left foot. The victim was treated by the paramedics on scene and then taken to the Sint Maarten Medical Center for further treatment.