PHILIPSBURG – Via a press release, the Electoral Council reminded all 13 registered political parties that the annual report for 2016 should be submitted to the Electoral Council before April 1, 2017, as stipulated in article 27 of the National Ordinance on Registration and Finances of Political Parties.
This means that the final day to submit the annual reports of the political parties is Friday, March 31, 2017. The annual report should include:
- The composition of the board during 2016.
- The amount of contributing members at the beginning and at the end of 2016.
- The amount of contribution received from members during 2016.
- An overview of activities carried out in 2016.
The 2016 annual report should be accompanied by a financial report as laid down in article 28 of the aforementioned National Ordinance, which states that the financial report should at least include:
- The financial position at the start and end of 2016.
- A specified statement of income and expenditure, as well as an auditor’s report by a certified accountant (Dutch: register accountant/RA) regarding the accuracy of the financial report.
- Donations of ANG 5,000 or more from a source other than a natural person.
- The total amount of donations, other than contributions from party members.
The Electoral Council would like to remind all parties concerned that failure to comply with the National Ordinance on Registration and Finances of Political Parties may result in a penalty being imposed.