*UPDATE #1 *: Nino Thewet succumbed to his injuries and Esteven Severe is stable but still in critical condition.



Esteven Severe

UPDATE (March 15th, 14:00 pm): 

Close family member has confirm to 721news that the second person who got shot is Esteven Severe, a seventeen year old student who works part time at the Carwash.

SUCKER Garden– On Tuesday, March 14, right after 10:30pm two men were ambushed and shot at a carwash on Arch Road.

One of the men was identified as “Nino Thewet aka (Nino Brown),” the owner of the carwash.

After verifying the details, 721news learned from a close family member, who confirmed to us that the owner of the car wash Nino Thewet, had been shot multiples times and was fighting for his life at the St. Maarten Medical Center (SMMC).

However, shortly after 12:00am Wednesday March 15 Midnight, it was confirmed by a family member that he had succumbed to his injuries and died. His death is now considered the fourth murder for this year.

The second young man is said to be in stable condition but remains in the ICU and  his name is Esteven Severe (17) part-time worker at the Carwash.

Police and Detectives were at the crime scene as the investigation continues.

Below you can read the Police report issue late Tuesday night March 14.


Two men shot on Arch road

Detectives are presently investigating a shooting of two men at a “truck wash” located on the Arch road in Sucker Garden. The Emergency Dispatch received the first call at approximately 10.30 p.m. on Tuesday March 14th informing them that two unknown masked gunmen entered the building on the premises where the truck wash is located. Two men who were in the building at the time were shot by these two gun men.  Immediately several police patrols and paramedics were sent to the scene to investigate what had taken place.

On the scene the investigating officers learnt that indeed a shooting had taken place and that two persons were shot.  After committing this act both suspects fled the scene. Both victims were treated on the scene and then transported to the Sint Maarten Medical Center for further medical treatment. Both victims are in critical condition at this moment.

The scene of the crime was immediately closed off for the Forensic Department to collect evidence while detectives are presently interviewing witnesses. Details to exactly what happened are unavailable at this time. Who the suspects are and why this shooting took place is being investigated. As soon a more information the media will be informed.