No major changes with Tropical Storm Erika…
As of 8pm, the center of Tropical Storm Erika is…
* Located: 15.8 N 53.6 W (+/- 555 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 40mph
* Moving: W at 20mph
* Forecasted track: near/at St. Maarten by late tomorrow/early Thursday, if it continues on its present track
Tropical Storm Watch issued for: St. Maarten/St. Martin, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Barths, Guadeloupe, Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, and Anguilla
A Tropical Storm Watch means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 48 hours.
Erika is forecast to bring some much needed rain & gusty winds to the North-eastern Caribbean.
We will continue to closely monitor its progress.
(Click images to zoom in)
Here are some useful links:
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | Montserrat = 16.8°N, 62.2°W | St. Kitts = 17.2°N, 62.6°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).