Danny = Major Hurricane (Cat-3 +)…
Hurricane Danny was upgraded to a Major Hurricane @ 2pm today, and as of 5pm, the center of Danny is…
* Located: 14.5 N 49.1 W (+/- 875 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 115mph (Category 3)
* Moving: WNW at 10mph
* Forecasted track: near/at local region by this Monday, if it continues on its present track.
Regardless of future strengthening/weakening, Danny is forecast to bring some much needed rain to the Eastern Caribbean — as of late Sunday into Monday. We will continue to monitor its progress.
(Click images to zoom in)
As a precaution, we have put together a ‘To-Do List’ for Before, During & Aftera Hurricane…
Here are the links:
Prepare your families, homes, and properties in advance of any tropical systems during the season — Don’t get caught off-guard.
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Danny, Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).