TS Erika a bit stronger…
As of 8am, the center of Tropical Storm Erika is…
* Located: 16.2 N 56.8 W (+/- 375 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 45mph
* Moving: W at 17mph
* Forecasted track: near/at St. Maarten by tonight/early Thursday, if it continues on its present track
Tropical Storm Warning issued for: St. Maarten, Saba, St. Eustatius, Anguilla, Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, Puerto Rico, Vieques, Culebra, U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands
A Tropical Storm Warning means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 24 to 36 hours.
Tropical Storm Watch issued for: St. Martin, St. Barths, Guadeloupe
A Tropical Storm Watch means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 48 hours.
Tropical Storm Erika is forecast to strengthen slowly and bring some rain & gusty winds to the North-eastern Caribbean — by tonight into tomorrow.
We will continue to closely monitor its progress.
(Click images to zoom in)
Here are some useful links:
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | Montserrat = 16.8°N, 62.2°W | St. Kitts = 17.2°N, 62.6°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’
s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).