SSS-Islands under Tropical Storm Watch…
Although Danny continues to weaken, the SSS-Islands remain under a Tropical Storm Watch. As of 5pm, the center of Hurricane Danny is…
* Located: 15.8 N 53.3 W (+/- 615 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 75mph (Category 1)
* Moving: WNW at 14mph
* Forecasted track: near/at local region by Monday, if it continues on its present track
* Tropical Storm Watch issued for: St. Maarten/St. Martin, Saba, St. Eustatius, Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, Anguilla, St. Barths, Guadeloupe.
Danny is forecast to move a little faster & continue weakening, yet still bring some much needed rain to the Eastern Caribbean — as of late Sunday into Monday. We will continue to closely monitor its progress.
(Click images to zoom in)
Here are some useful links:
Schools closed Monday…
According to a Press Release from the Government of St. Maarten:
“ALL SCHOOLS are to remain CLOSED on MONDAY (24-Aug) due to the passing of Hurricane Danny.
Relevant authorities will be closely monitoring the situation, and official information about the school day of Tuesday (25-Aug) will be forthcoming as soon as possible.”
Remember to have & keep your Hurricane Kit ready throughout this hurricane season.
Additionally, stay tuned to our Facebook fan page for periodic Hurricane Information.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Danny, Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).