Partly Cloudy, HOT, and Generally Dry at first; then becoming Cloudy & Windy with increasing showers (some may be heavy) and seas by tonight. Sea-caution is strongly advised.
TS Erika = better organized…
As of 5am, the center of Tropical Storm Erika is…
* Located: 16.1 N 56.0 W (+/- 420 miles ESE of St. Maarten)
* Max. winds: 40mph
* Moving: W at 18mph
* Forecasted track: near/at St. Maarten by late tonight/early Thursday, if it continues on its present track
Tropical Storm Warning issued for: St. Maarten, Saba, St. Eustatius, Anguilla, Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, Puerto Rico, Vieques, Culebra, U.S. Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands
A Tropical Storm Warning means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 24 to 36 hours.
Tropical Storm Watch issued for: St. Martin, St. Barths, Guadeloupe
A Tropical Storm Watch means tropical storm conditions are possible within the watch area, in this case, within 48 hours.
Tropical Storm Erika “pulled herself together” overnight and is currently more organized, and is still forecast to bring some rain & gusty winds to the North-eastern Caribbean.
- SSS-Islands: St. Maarten = 18.0°N, 63.1°W | Saba = 17.6°N, 63.2°W | St. Eustatius = 17.5°N, 63.0°W
- Neighboring Islands: Anguilla = 18.2°N, 63.1°W | St. Barths = 17.9°N, 62.8°W | Antigua = 17.1°N, 61.9°W | Barbuda = 17.6°N, 61.8°W | Montserrat = 16.8°N, 62.2°W | St. Kitts = 17.2°N, 62.6°W | St. Croix = 17.7°N, 64.7°W | St. Thomas = 18.3°N, 64.9°W | Tortola = 18.4°N, 64.6°W
- Remaining names for this year’
s Atlantic Hurricane Season are: Erika, Fred, Grace, Henri, Ida, Joaquin, Kate, Larry, Mindy, Nicholas, Odette, Peter, Rose, Sam, Teresa, Victor, Wanda.
- Future Tropical updates will be sent out periodically (as needed).