ANGUILLA — The first Anguilla Public Service Awards Ceremony took place on the evening of 23 June on the lawn at Government House.
The event – which coincided with UN Public Service Day – awarded members of the Anguilla Public Service for outstanding contributions and achievements across five categories.
The winners in each category:
1. Above and Beyond the call of duty: Maeza Demis Adams, Ministry of Social Development
2. Outstanding Customer Service: Gerda Connor, Treasury
3. Exhibiting a positive image of the Anguilla Public Service: Perin Bradley – Compliance Unit, Ministry of Finance
4. Great idea/Innovation: DITES and e-Government services
5. Security/Safety: Lennick Richardson, Jillian Abbott and Hadassha Liburd – Immigration Department
The highlight of the evening was the announcement of Ms Vyrone Ruan from the Attorney General’s Chambers as Public Servant of the Year 2015. Ms Ruan was the only nominee to have been shortlisted in two categories of award.
All public servants were given the chance to nominate colleagues or themselves for these awards. In total around thirty nominations were made across the five award categories. A committee comprised of representatives from different departments and grades across the Anguilla Public Service shortlisted the nominations and then agreed on the winners for each category.